Who are we ?
Prometheus Institute for Democracy and Human Rights is a youth led independent and apolitical non-governmental organization. The institute's main action is public policy monitoring and evaluation as well as capacity building in advocacy and public policy. It also aims at promoting the culture and principles of human rights and democracy among:
We act with:
- Civil and political actors,
- Young students from both public and private universities and schools,
- In addition to unschooled, employed or unemployed young adults.
The creation of the Prometheus Institute for Democracy and Human Rights is the result of several discussions within a group of young people, from the new generation who, having experienced the crisis of democracy and the marginalization of the field of human rights rights, wishes to take advantage of its experience, however modest it may be, to participate in the construction of democracy and the effective promotion of human rights in Morocco.
Ultimately, it appeared important to support civil society when it comes to disseminating the culture of human rights and democracy, and this, being aware that the democratization of civil society is the mainstay building the rule of law and institutions.
This initiative takes on its full importance in a world full of changes and in which young people play an important role.
It is in this perspective that we wish to make available to the latter the theoretical and scientific tools necessary for the construction of a society where justice, equality and human dignity can reign.
Our lines of work
The field of education is one of the main fields of action of the Institute, given its importance in determining political and intellectual orientations among citizens, and also represents a major initiation of new generations to culture. democracy and human rights values.
The concept of education as perceived by the Institute goes beyond its official and institutional dimension (basic education and higher education) to include all the institutions of socialization.
The media are also a fundamental entry point for education in democracy and the principles of human rights, especially since alternative media and social networks are experiencing growing interest among young people.
Art and culture:
Our commitment to work with young people requires us to open up to their centers of interest and their perceptions on the one hand, on the other hand we remain convinced that art constitutes an excellent support for the promotion of the culture of democracy and human rights values
Public policies :
The institute also works on the evaluation and monitoring of public policies relating to young people.
Based on the fact that any democratic project needs the consolidation and appropriation of human rights values and the integration of the gender approach, the Prometheus Institute has set itself the objective of contributing to this task by targeting groups of young people in general and the student and high school environment in particular.
The Institute's efforts are directed towards strengthening the capacities of actors in matters of advocacy, policy evaluation, training of trainers and promotion of the culture of human rights.
• The contribution to education and the dissemination of the culture of human rights, especially in areas related to young people.
• The contribution to the supervision of young Moroccans and their education with regard to the values of citizenship, democracy and human rights.
• Participation in the creation of young human rights executives and the strengthening of their capacities in the field of human rights and democracy.
• The contribution to the development of causes related to youth and the collective participation in the presentation of alternatives adapted to the problems of young people.
• The contribution to deepening the debate on fundamental intellectual issues related to democracy and human rights. • Contribution to the monitoring and analysis of public policies related to the promotion of the culture of democracy and human rights.